What types of Units are there in the Game?
You can use your military units to protect your Stronghold, raid other Strongholds, and interact with different locations on the Map. You will need them to engage in missions at Battlegrounds. All Units are divided into four different categories (Northmen, Orcs, Elves, and Dragons). Offensive Units have Offensive ratings that apply across all categories, while Defensive Units have varying levels of effectiveness against each category.
Sign Blood Pacts and construct buildings to unlock new, more powerful Units. Update Blood Pacts to increase your Units' statistics and their strength in battle.
All units are classified as either Offensive or Defensive. Defensive Units perform poorly when attacking, but are highly effective at protecting Strongholds, Battlegrounds, or other map locations. Offensive Units are designed specifically for attacks, but have a low defense value.
Units are recruited by expending Fire Ale, Mushrooms, Fish, or by using Emeralds. Units inside the Catacombs will be protected in the event of a Raid, but will not participate in any battles involving your Stronghold.
What are Unit Statistics?
Your military Units are divided into four different groups: Northmen, Orcs, Elves, and Dragons. Units from each category have their own particular balance of effectiveness against the various Offensive and Defensive Units in each group. To view a Units' statistics, open any Military Building or press the Units icon on the Action Panel.
Each military Unit has the following statistics:
- Unit Type: the class a Unit belongs to (Northmen, Orcs, Elves, or Dragons);
- Purpose: Offense or Defense;
- Cost: the one-time Resource expenditure needed to produce one Unit;
- Capacity: The amount of Resources the Unit can recover on Raids;
- Speed: The speed at which this Unit travels on the Map;
- Production Time: The amount of time required to train one Unit;
- Fire Ale Consumption: The amount of Fire Ale needed to support one Unit.
What are Legendary Units?
Legendary Units are special units that, when deployed alongside a full group of supporting units, benefit from a significant statistical bonus. An equivalent army led by Legendary Units will be significantly more effective than one fighting without them.
Legendary Units can be acquired from the Black Market.
Why do I need Fortifications?
There are two kinds of Fortifications - passive and active.
Passive Fortifications include things like Gates. These additions contribute to your Stronghold's total defense bonus, granting all of your defensive Units bonuses and improving their effectiveness when fighting off attackers. This bonus will only be applied to defensive units currently garrisoned in your Stronghold and outside of your Catacombs.
Active defenses include Cannons and Siege Turrets. Unlike Gates, Cannons and Siege Turrets will actively participate in defensive battles just like one of your regular Units – but unlike normal Units, when they're damaged they can be repaired for free by you as many times as needed. Active defenses also contribute to your overall Stronghold Defense Bonus.
Misc. Game tips
- Defensive Units are essentially useless when attacking, but are highly effective at protecting a Stronghold. Conversely, Offensive Units are designed for attacks but have low defensive value. If your Stronghold has a lot of Offense, but no Defense - don't be surprised when your rivals steal Resources from your Stronghold. A good tactic is to develop dedicated forces of either Offensive or Defensive Units, each tasked with either attacking or defending locations.
- Fortifications are an extremely good investment, increasing the Defensive bonus of your Stronghold. When Fortifications - such as Siege Turrets or Cannons – are destroyed in battle, they can be easily repaired for free as many times as you want.
Secure your Units and Resources in the Catacombs to protect them in the event of an attack. All Units inside the Catacombs will be protected in the event of a Raid or Attack, but will not participate in any battles involving your Stronghold.